Wednesday, 23 November 2016

CRH Company and their financials

Good Morning once again,

I hope that I am not the only person finding learning about the company we have been given interesting. I think it is extremely lucky that I was given CRH as my company, as I am in the building industry I find it very interesting to find out about new products, whether they are new to the market or just international products that I don't have much to do with in my everyday trade.

CRH is broken up into 4 different areas, Heavy Materials, Heavyside Products, Lightside Products and Distribution. Now you are all probably wondering what I am going on about with heavy and light side, but rather than clogging up this blog with a massive explanation as to what each of these are, I have attached a link below. 

Link to What CRH does: http://www.crh.com/what-we-do

Through the merger of 2 leading public company's in 1970, CRH was established. The company's that merged to form CRH, were established in 1936 and 1949, this showing that this new formed company knows what they are doing.  

After reading their financials I picked out a few key points that I think are worth discussing.

1. In the recent years leading up to 2015, CRH Non-Current Assets were slowly diminishing, with in 2015 the purchase/accumulation of approximately  €m6,000 boosted Non-current assets to nearly double what they were in 2014. This could have been due to growth or just replacement of assets required.
2. The operating costs of CRH have been within €m1,000 in 2012-2014, growing to being just over €m1,000 less than the Gross profit for 2015. I am not sure what this means as the figures are still large.
3. The Share price had a massive drop in 2013 (40.6c) then to rise to 86.7c in 2015 is a fantastic effort I believe. I could be completely wrong. I would love to know your thoughts.





Anyways, bye for now. Would love to get some feedback from you all.

Thanks
Stef

2 comments:

  1. Hello Stefanie. You have said there is a significant share price movement in the last three years for the company. This could be linked to the financial performance of the company. As it can be seen through the balance sheet that you have attached that there are losses in 2013 and profit in 2015. Perhaps this could have resulted in a jump in the share price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stock market is really unpredictable right? I think this might be because of the change of the industrial landscape in the nation where the company operated that alter the stock price, what do you think?

    Yiwen Xu
    ACCT11059 Classmate

    ReplyDelete